Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Big Chef, Little Chef

I've been watching the Channel 4 prog "Big Chef Takes on Little Chef" with great interest. Heston Blumenthal is trying to revamp Little Chef with some Blue Sky thinking and experimental cookery.

What does this have to do with VWNW? Well, once a year, on the day after VWNW I make my annual pilgrimage to Little Chef at Tabley in what is (almost) the final part of my VWNW weekend.

Some people are surprised to know that the day after our event at Tatton some of us go back to clear up, tidy up and even pick up the litter. When the event field is clean we head to Little Chef for an all-you-can-eat session. I usually have a veggie burger, Mike and Gordon nearly always have fish and chips, Ernie drinks gallons of tea and we never leave without pudding!
My 2006 Veggie Burger, is it wrong to know what year I ate this?

It has to be said that we have many Team members but only a few are hard core enough to make it to the Little Chef, its a sign of Uber dedication. Only "Team Clean Up" get a Little Chef!
Gordon and Ernie are regular members of Team Clean Up

So, roll on August 10th, I can't wait to see what Heston is giving me to eat :-)

PS: still no progress on the website, ho hum!

No comments:

Post a Comment